2023 is just around the corner, and a new year comes with new graphic design trends.
Graphic design matters because it captures the attention of your audience, aids in memory, and influences the consumer’s first impressions. This is why the global graphic design industry was worth $45.8 billion in 2021.
Make sure your business stays up-to-date with the latest graphic design trends.
5 Graphic Design Trends to Look Out for in 2023
1. Science Fiction-Inspired Designs
Many businesses are aiming to look futuristic with science fiction-inspired graphic designs.
Certain elements are common within science fiction designs.
- Color. Shades of blue- like cyan- and neon colors are prevalent. There’s often a contrast between light and dark.
- Shapes. Sharp lines, circles, and geometric shapes give off science-fiction vibes.
- Fonts. Science fiction fonts are an entire genre, often showing distorted letters that look stretched, chopped, or duplicated with inconsistent lettering size.
- 3-D images. Although graphic design usually cannot physically be 3-D, many science fiction designs give off the illusion of 3-D.
If you want your business to appear modern, go with a science-fiction-inspired design.
2. Font Trends
There are four main 2023 font trends for which to look out.
- Distorted fonts twist, stretch, and fade. For example, refer to the Cobya font, inspired by the ocean’s waves.
- Condensed fonts are great at packing a lot of words into a small space. However, they can sometimes appear aggressive.
- Sans-serif fonts consist of neat, clean lines. Serif fonts, or those with decorative lines or tapers, have saturated the graphic design industry over the years. However, sans-serif fonts are expected to make a comeback due to their minimalistic nature and reader accessibility.
- Flared fonts are a combination of serif and sans-serif fonts. They appear friendly and optimistic, making them great for family or children-oriented materials.
Experiment with different types of fonts, and don’t be hesitant to make some unique choices.
3. Liquid Gradients
Liquid gradients are a unique twist on the popular gradient trend. However, this one looks like glossy, colorful marble.
Add it as a background or an accent!
4. Rich Colors
Neutral colors have been all the rage. Perhaps it was to compensate for the recent chaos.
However, bold, rich colors are expected to come back, and it’s time to let a little color back into the world.
Memes consist of funny pictures with witty captions.
Although especially popular on social media, memes are expected to travel into the graphic design world. Memes are memorable because they’re funny, and this comedic aspect makes them more likely to be shared among friends and colleagues.
Graphic design trends are constantly changing. Know the projected 2023 trends so your business can remain up-to-date.
Whether you try a trend or go with the tried and true, we are here to get your graphic designs printed! Feel free to reach out to us today!