The purpose of search engine optimization (SEO) is to get your website to the top of Google’s search engine.
The higher up your business is, the easier it will be for potential clients to find you. This is especially beneficial given that 68% of online experiences start with search engines.
Many factors impact SEO ranking, such as
- Bounce rate is when visitors leave a webpage without taking any action—the lower the bounce rate, the better.
- Dwell time is how long visitors stay on the page. The longer, the better.
- Traffic is how much activity the page has. The more steady traffic, the better.
Knowing what impacts your website’s SEO rankings can help boost your website.
How SEO and Print Work Together
Print marketing can help improve your website’s SEO ranking by driving people to your website.
One convenient, powerful way to accomplish this is through QR codes. QR codes provide an easy way to drive people from paper to online. QR codes can be added to…
- Business cards. Drive people to your website to direct them to information that couldn’t fit on the card.
- Catalogs. Next to the advertised, popular product, put a QR code. This will make it easy for customers to buy the product.
- Posters. Bring people from the physical world to the online world by including QR codes on posters.
QR codes increase your website’s traffic, and they will likely improve dwell times and bounce rates because the people visiting your website are actively seeking it for a purpose. Compare this to someone who stumbles across your website on Google but realizes it’s not quite what they’re looking for.
3 Ways to Improve Your Site’s Ranking
1. Improve your website
Making your website easier to use will improve its SEO ranking.
Some areas to look at include:
- Page load speeds. A website’s conversion rate drops by about 4.42% for every second of load time. The faster your website, the better it’ll do. People don’t like waiting.
- Mobile-friendliness. A user-friendly mobile phone website is essential, given that 64% of searches are on mobile phones compared to 35% on computers.
- Navigation. Improve website navigation using clear, everyday language and easy-to-find links to the most important pages. Use design techniques to separate parts of the page and stick to already established website structures.
A faster, user-friendly website will get people to stay, boosting SEO.
2. Improve your backlinks
Backlinks (also known as inbound links) are hyperlinks to your website from an external website.
As a business, you want other websites to link to your website. Sometimes this happens naturally. However, you can improve your backlinks by reaching out to editors of other websites and suggesting they link to your page, explaining why doing so would benefit them. You can also create internal links by linking pages within your website.
3. Create quality content
Having quality content will naturally drive people to your website.
A catchy headline can get people to click, but quality content keeps them. Make relevant, well-formatted, easy-to-read, and engaging content. Be sure to use everyday language throughout. Include a skim layer with headers, sections, pictures, and infographics.
Using print and other SEO optimization techniques can help you improve your website’s ranking, making it easier for potential clients to find your business through Google.
Are you ready to optimize your SEO with print? Reach out to our team now!